Friday, November 21, 2014

DIY Wedding Project


The biggest DIY project of my life has finally arrived! I'm recently engaged, and have started collecting ideas for the big day.

Fiance and I picked a date for May 2016. It seems like it's so far away, but there was a method to the madness. I will be graduating in March 2015, so then it will be just over a year until the wedding. That way, I can use this down time to focus on finishing my last semester and a half of school. Then we can really start planning!

In the mean time, I can't act like nothing happened! My Pinterest has been filling up with wedding projects that I can't wait to start.

Because I have so much time to plan, I figured that leaves me plenty of time to be a DIY bride! I love these kinds of projects, so why buy everything already made, when I can personalize and make the day really mine! :)

The colors I've picked for the big day are purple and silver. If glitter was a color, that would be one of my choices. I'm envisioning a classic black and white wedding, with splashes of purple and glittery things.

On my list so far for DIY projects includes flower girl dresses, center pieces, the invitations, bridesmaid gifts, and a few fun things for myself along the way.

The flower girl dresses can be cute and easy, using tulle fabric for a tutu style dress. I'm thinking sparkly white tulle for the skirt, a black sash around the middle, and some pretty purple and silver flowers clipped to the sash.

A matching headband would be adorable too! :)

I can't wait to get started on some of these ideas... but school first!


3 comments:

  1. I love how you say to DIY for a custom wedding and not a cheaper route. A lot of people criticize saying DIY will cost more especially considering the time and effort put into it. That maybe true for certain items, but that also isn't the point. A wedding bought from a store is not one I want for myself and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the engagement and keep up the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete