Sunday, October 19, 2014

Wine Glasses, Candles, and Pumpkins, Oh My!

October is my favorite month. There's so much I love about it... cider and donuts... pumpkins and falling leaves... decorating the house and making costumes. Halloween is almost here, so you know what I've been up to. If I can't find it, I make it.

Boo! Wine Glasses
The first decoration I made this year was a set of hand painted wine glasses. Simple, cute. Perfect for a glass of moscato d'asti while I'm reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. My inspiration for this set came from the adorable ribbon I had just bought from Michael's craft store (my favorite store in the world). I recently added these to my Etsy store. So far they've been dubbed a "favorite" but no sales yet. That's okay, I like them and that's all that matters, haha. 



Candy Corn Candles
Another little project was a pair of pillar candles that were just collecting dust. Candy corn candles! Aren't they cute? I cleaned them up a bit and took out some paint. I used some painter's tape to make a straight line between colors. If you would like to try this, I would suggest planning out the painter's tape. I painted the bottom 2/3 orange, then applied the painter's tape to create a straight line for the yellow. When I removed the tape, it removed some orange paint. I decided I liked the faded vintage look it gave the orange... I should have done the same to the yellow! I added these to my Etsy store as well, just in case anyone likes them as much as I do. For now, they look nice on my new dining room buffet table with the rest of my decorations. 

Finally, I decided to carve a pumpkin just a little different than the usual. Last year I had about ten pumpkins that I was given from work (cute little gift from management for the fall). The boyfriend and I carved or painted all of them, and left them out on our apartment patio. That was a pain in the butt to clean up after a few weeks of rain. So I limited myself to one or two pumpkins, and this is what I did (pictured right). I decided to create a lovely little carving for the blog! Charming Creations, where fun is the motivation. That needs some work

In the picture you can see my fake green apples. Yea, fake. I'm planning on painting one of them to look like the Snow White poison apple. Which my sister corrected me by reminding me that Snow White's apple was red. I like the green better. 

So what are you guys up to for Halloween? Carving pumpkins, bobbing for apples, trick or treating with the little ones? Comment below and share your favorite Halloween activities or traditions. I've love to hear about them!





2 comments:

  1. Those candles are perfect! What a great idea without spending a ton of money! You are very crafty, just like myself :)

    ReplyDelete